When an InnoDB table is deleted physically its records remain untouched some time. Knowing how InnoDB stores information and the table’s structure it is possible to recover the records.
The session covers topics:
* InnoDB page format
* Internal system tables SYS_INDEXES and SYS_TABLES
* InnoDB Primary and Secondary keys
* Typical failure scenarios
* Dealing with corrupted InnoDB tablespace
* Recovery from a raw partition
The session is illustrated with examples using Percona in-house InnoDB Recovery Tool.