'rc3' videos starting here
A short overview about home automation basics and history as well as a hands on to HomeAssistant and ESPHome on a RaspberryPi. If you ever wanted to get started with home automation you should start here.
I would like to give you a overview about the History of my personal HomeAutomation Experience with good and bad things i had to deal with. In the first part of the Workshop i like to talk a bit about the basics of home automation to ramp up everyone. A rough overview would be
- Home Automation - imagination vs. reality
- Sensor, Actor WTF?
- What hardware to be dealt with
- Evaluation of HomeAutomation hubs
- Which software/standard will cross your way on the component side
- How to bring them all together
In the Second Part of the Workshop i will guide you trough the Initial Setup of HomeAssistant(hass.io) and try to integrate whatever you have at home together with you. Also i will show some tweaks that are not come with the default setup. Topics:
- Hassio Installation
- Hassio Configuration
- Intro to the hassio dashboard
- Intro to HomeAssistant Automations
- NodeRed vs. Builtin Automation capability
- NodeMCU/ESP32/ESP8266 the easy way
- Customisations without any limits
- What else you have in mind for home-automations??
What to Bring to the Workshop? Raspberry PI 3 B/B+ or 4B or a Virtualization that can handle VMDK, VHDX, VDI, QCOW2 or OVA.